Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yes, That Will Work

I wondered why I was not been able to comprehend a complex book or article after reading it.  Come to find out, I was not taking the correct steps before I started reading the book.  In the past I would just start reading the book page by page taking notes along the way.  I love taking notes.  I fortunately have learned new tools to help me get a better understanding while I read.  The first thing I need to do is to glance through the chapters to get an idea of what I will be reading and learning.  Secondly, I need to glance through the entire book and read the first and last couple of pages.  By having an idea about what I will be reading, I think I will be better prepared when I actually read it.  I am defiantly going to apply this in my Biology class.

No comments:

Post a Comment