Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Revisions

             I can sometimes be a perfectionist and I like to have a step by step guide to everything I do.  That’s how I think.  Inside my head I have a little voice that is always telling me what the next step is whatever I may be doing.  
            Writing two profiles on a fellow classmate was difficult.  For me, writing papers is not an exact A-B-C step-by-step process.  You go from step three to step five and back to step one.  Just when I think I have a perfect paper, I re-read it and have to revise.  Many times I had to go back and think of new ideas. 
I have learned that writing is not an exact guide but a process that can take days.  The first day I wrote down ideas.  The second day I wrote a rough draft.  I reread through the papers multiple times and had my mom and husband re-read through the papers as well.  I ended up with two rough drafts full or corrections and ideas of both papers. My final papers did have some of the information that was in my drafts and included my major points and ideas. I was able to revise my paper with more details and more descriptive words to make my writing more intriguing.  Overall, I appreciate the art of writing more. I appreciate it as a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment