Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prewriting Feminist

          While writing through a feminist approach on my critical analysis of Shrek the Third, I realized that I am way more of a feminist than I would have ever thought.  I also realized how utterly frustrating this society is in regards to the views of women.
          I can’t help but think of my children.  Questions start racing through my head. “Will my son respect women when he is an adult?”  Yes, he will.  His father is a great role model in the way he treats women.  “Will my girls feel powerful, secure, and safe when they grow up?” And that’s where I get scared.  There is so much pressure on women to be beautiful, thin and smart…but not too smart.  I find myself struggling on a daily basis of what I “should” be.  It has been hard to differentiate between what I “should’ be and what or who I am.  I came across several books that I will have to read so that I can teach my children and myself to be strong, safe, and comfortable with whoever they choose to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment